• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have been taken off the schedule

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

limhi1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
california
My boss recently sent me a message with one of my coworkers that I needed to take off 2 days of work. i called to ask what was the reason and she said it was because she didn't want me to work in the same days that my girlfriend works. i told her that i could understand that but I told her there were other ways we could solve the problem without me having to work less. I told her i could move my schedule around and she said no because they had had a manager meeting and had agreed that my performance was not very good so i will only work three days a week until my work performance would improve. they gave me no warning at all I have been working for them for 5 years full time and I have never a complain about my performance. so what should I do i know they have very poor work ethics but I have never wanted to report but now it is affecting me. any advice?

Betty

There's nothing illegal here unless you have a binding employment contract or CBA guaranteeing you a certain # of hrs./days of work a week.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, I have some advice. Improve your performance. Or find a job that will let you work as many hours as you want to work. Or both.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">