• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i have no non compete or non solicit agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

debmc56

What is the name of your state?ky

I recently left my insurance sales job. They say I quit, I say I was fired. I brought them a huge amount of business in my 6 years there. the first 4 I was treated great until a new person came in as a loan interviewer( it was a credit union) I was always so busy I did not pay much attention to "office politics". Before I know it this new girl is human resource manager, and vice- president of the credit union. I had never dealt with anyone but the president of the credit union. It took this girl about a year, but she turned my boss against me.he did not speak to me for a year and a half (believe it or not) When i was hired I was told the sky is the limit , you can make more than me , you can make more than senior management, it is all up to you, I was also told I would get bonuses ( i got one $ 5,000 bonus the second year and never another one) basically i was lied to. Next thing I know(after 4 years) they raise my base pay by $7,000 a year and cut my commissions in half. The reason was "you are making almost as much as senior management". Anyway things went downhill from there. I was losing between $400 and $600 a month under my new pay. they extended my hours and told me I had to take lunch during a 1 1/2 hour window(during my customers lunch when they would most likely be in to see me) that was basically the final straw. I asked the witch if they were trying to make me give my 2 weeks notice, 2 hours later my boss comes down and tells me they accept my 2 weeks notice and for me to leave. During my 6 years there I took the auto/home insurance book of business from under $100,000 to over 1 million dollars by myself, no csr ,no help from anyone. Over 50% of my business was word of mouth. My only problem was the witch did not like me and wanted me out of there. I am still trying to pull the knife out of my back. Anyway I am opening my own insurance agency. I have had a number of my old customers calling me (I have great personal relationships with these old customers) I never signed any sort of non-compete or non-solicit or anything. can they come after me when I open my new agency and I take the customers who want to come with me. Customers I got and took care of? sorry this is so long.....thanks

Beth3

can they come after me when I open my new agency and I take the customers who want to come with me. They can try. Whether they have a viable suit is another matter. Since you're considering opening your own business, you're going to need some sound legal advice anyway so I suggest you discuss this matter with an attorney. If a few customers of the CU come with you, I wouldn't expect they'd much care but if a rash of present customers decide they'd rather do business with you, you could have an expensive legal battle on your hands.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">