• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I just need to know my rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NYCharlemgirl

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? NEW YORK
I work for a diamond jewelry manufacturer and some money and a pair of earrings were missing from my job...we all had to take a lie detector test. Now they are saying that only I have to re-take it because of a technical issue with ONLY MY TEST, but I witnessed her print out the results. What are my rights? Do I HAVE to take the test again and can my employer fire me for not RETAKING the test? I know for a fact that I didn't have anything to do with the missing items, but I feel as if they want to pin it on someone. I really don't want to pull the race card as I am the only black person wotking in this office and the newest. Please advise.

NYCharlemgirl

another question

Thanks so much...Even though I know I'm innocent and have willingly took the test the first time without pause? I feel as if they are looking for a scapegoat. Do I have any rights to protect myself and keep my job.

seniorjudge

NYCharlemgirl said:
Thanks so much...Even though I know I'm innocent and have willingly took the test the first time without pause? I feel as if they are looking for a scapegoat. Do I have any rights to protect myself and keep my job.
Even if....

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Keep in mind that some people simply do not test clearly on polygraphs. It doesn't mean that you are lying or that they think you are; it's just that some people's results are inconclusive on a polygraph even if they are telling 100% of the truth for every single question. It's possible that you are one of these people and the second test is actually to PROTECT you, not to try to "catch" you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">