• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was laid off, does my employer have to offer me my job back before filling it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

udrunner

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I was laid off in the middle of April, I have now learned that my former employer is planning on hiring someone for my old position. Are they required to offer the job to me again, before they hire someone else for the position, and how long must it be before they no longer have to offer it to me.

Sockeye

udrunner said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

I was laid off in the middle of April, I have now learned that my former employer is planning on hiring someone for my old position. Are they required to offer the job to me again, before they hire someone else for the position, and how long must it be before they no longer have to offer it to me.
Do you want to go back to the job? If so, let you former employer know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">