• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i leased a boat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chris.fice

What is the name of your state?England
i leased a boat from a fishing company about twelve mounths ago, this was an under ten meter comertial fishing trawler, i paid the man his £3000 and was to give him a weakly rent of £250, when i came to use the boat i was to find that the boat was not in good working order after speeking to the owner he said to me that i could have it rent free until the boat was running right.
i sold my motor bike to get money to put things right, and spent all my savings to buy new aquipment for the wheel house,i spent a whole year geting the boat up and running, just recently i took a job were i had to bring a pleasure cruser from St Tropez to Vigo in spain, while i was away he had some one take the boat away with out any notice.
i have located the boat after searching all my equipment is still on board.
i have contacted the owner and he tells me that i have not paid him any money,and that he is keeping my equipment.
even though the boat hasnt earnt any money.
can i retreve my equipment?

Gadfly

We have 50-states. In fact we broke away from England a few hundred years ago. Are you wanting back in?

faithnlve

It was 200 years not a few hundred. A few hundred is more than two. lol. As for out of country responses....are you really attorney's giving legal advise? If your attorney's I understand not doing so for out of US....if not then it is illegal to give legal advise having people believe you are attorneys. right?

Gadfly

Can you read?

Did you miss this:

"US Law Only - WHEN POSTING A QUESTION, YOU MUST INCLUDE THE NAME OF YOUR STATE"

or this:

"Hiring, Firing & Wrongful Termination"

No wonder we broke away!

WarlockofWRP

I am not a solicitor/attorney/lawyer/mediator/anyothersuchtitle.

My best advice for this younge chap would be to speak with a lawyer who deals with these issues in your province. In the meantime, mark it up to experiance. Paying 3000 for a boat sight unseen, not even tested or inspected by a professional seems a rather poor move. As for your Equipment, I'd say refer ro your lease. In the US apartment complexes occassionaly include a clause about siezure of property as collateral. Though to my knowledge there are restrictions on what can be kept. Again though this is based off of US law which has nothing at ALL to do with English law, aside from well... you know... there is that whole thing about ridding down the coast shouting "THE ENGLISH ARE COMMING THE ENGLISH ARE COMMING...... BY SEA BY SEA"

BelizeBreeze

faithnlve said:
It was 200 years not a few hundred. A few hundred is more than two. lol. As for out of country responses....are you really attorney's giving legal advise? If your attorney's I understand not doing so for out of US....if not then it is illegal to give legal advise having people believe you are attorneys. right?
I suggest you read your history AGAIN! :rolleyes:

pattytx

I am not an attorney. I can give all the advice I choose to, legal or otherwise. Nobody here is paying me for it. :rolleyes:

panzertanker

faithnlve said:
Chin up, mate.
Pip, pip. The jolly Americans from the Colonies are just jealous of you and your Queen. I say tell the bloke to bugger off and take what is rightfully yours.
God save the Queen!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">