• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i need advice asap

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brandee883

(maine) when i was hired at this job 7 months ago.. iwas hired as a make-up artist, i told them i didn't have a cosmetology license and they said i didn't need one. the other day, someone came from the licensing boards and told them that anyone who didn't have a license was working against the law. i told the manager that i would like to be trained in something else and she said she "would see what she could do". i talked to another makeup artist and she said that the manager didnt even put me on the schedule for the next week (2 days from now) she also said that the manager plans on "getting rid of makeup artists that aren't licensed) I don't know what i should do..... or what i can do legally.. its not my fault they hired me and then told me that i wasn't qualified.... 7 months later!

Beth3

Your situation is no different than if I were a self-taught accountant and accepted a job as such with a company and they subsequently decided they would prefer to have someone with a C.P.A. They'd have no obligation to offer me a different position, train me for a new job, or retain me in an capacity.

What you need to be doing is looking for a new job immediately. You may also want to consider getting licensed if you wish to remain in cosmetology. You are undoubtedly shut out of a lot of job opportunities by not being credentialed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">