• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need alittle help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lilfamilyphoto

my boss told us that we werent allowed to have any overtime. but wont let us leave on time. anyways i have overtime. but its not my fault and now my boss is threating to fire me because of this. what can i do. were supposed to be out of there by 7am but he always keeps up past 8am. and is now blaming us for the overtime. i mean i really dont want to lose my job. but this is getting crazy. any ideas or help would be great thank you. i also live in rockland maine and for walmart.

seniorjudge

lilfamilyphoto said:
my boss told us that we werent allowed to have any overtime. but wont let us leave on time. anyways i have overtime. but its not my fault and now my boss is threating to fire me because of this. what can i do. were supposed to be out of there by 7am but he always keeps up past 8am. and is now blaming us for the overtime. i mean i really dont want to lose my job. but this is getting crazy. any ideas or help would be great thank you. i also live in rockland maine and for walmart.
Clock out when you are supposed to.

Beth3

Walmart is already in big trouble for wage and hour violations. Your boss is an idiot for continuing to engage in these practices. If you aren't being paid for your overtime, contact your State's Department of Labor and file a complaint regarding your unpaid wages.

lilfamilyphoto

id like to say im not getting paid but i am getting paid for the overtime. the problem is is that they are causing the overtime to happen but not letting me leave when im supposed too. there saying that the overtime is my fault. and told me not to come in on sunday they were giving me a d day.. where i have to write a paper saying why i want to work for walmart and can i plz keep my job..

also the lab. board wont do anything ive talked with them about it.

Just Blue

lilfamilyphoto said:
well id like to but if i leave before they tell i can go. ive been told that they can still fire me. even tho its 7am

File a complaint with the Maine Dept of Labor...

No one should shop at Wal-mart...talk about AntiChrist!! :eek:

Gadfly

I worked at a place that was supposed to be doing this. I never knew it until I heard there was a complaint filed. The employeer lost and based on the results everyone who was there during any of the period when this happened ended up getting a settlement even though (in my case) I didn't work any OT.

File a complaint. If you win your coworkers will love you and your employer will decided to follow the rules.

ablessin

lilfamilyphoto said:
id like to say im not getting paid but i am getting paid for the overtime. the problem is is that they are causing the overtime to happen but not letting me leave when im supposed too. there saying that the overtime is my fault. and told me not to come in on sunday they were giving me a d day.. where i have to write a paper saying why i want to work for walmart and can i plz keep my job..

also the lab. board wont do anything ive talked with them about it.

Can you please write correctly?

And that is a crock of crap - -the labor board is required to investigate.
Why should you write a letter asking to keep your job? That is so freaking insane.

I'd tell them to go shove it. Go work for a competitor!!

pattytx

OK, I'm not sure I see the problem, other than the threat of being fired from Wal-Mart. And that's not the problem, it's the solution!:D

As long as you are getting paid for your overtime, where is the wage and hour violation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">