• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help with Incentive Payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amandam

i received more information about the question i asked earlier which was---

i live in texas. i resigned form my job june 18. i was due a bonus for the first trimester ending april 30. the sales incentive handbook that i received and signed off on said that as long as the employee is still employed and has not given a resignation by 45 days after the ending of the trimester (june 15) they are eligible and should receive the bonus due. my last day was june 29.

my former company is now saying that because i am not employed on the day the checks arrive, i will not receive a check.

what can i do if anything?

The new info is that my former employer is now saying that because the paper work that my former boss needed to complete has not been completed yet. they require this paperwork to be completed within 30 days after the end of the trimester. they are saying because that was not completed before my resignation i will not be paid.

can they penalize me for mistakes my boss made? am i entitled to payment? please respond asap as i need this money!

L

loku

Their paperwork is their concern, not yours. From the facts you give, you fulfilled your obligation and they owe you the bonus.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">