• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need to pick up my last pay check but my supervisor is insisting that I see her bef

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alindsay

The State of California, Orange CountyWhat is the name of your state?

I quit my job due to a sever depression. I am seeing a counselor, and on medication. I was advised by my counselor that I shouldnot return to work; my depression is partially owrk related. I had plans to pick up my last check this coming Monday, the 10th of May, and have just now received an email stating that I need to see my supervisor before my check can be released to me. Apparently my supervisor has some questions regarding me and my two children who attended this particular high school. I do not want to see my ex supervisor, and I don't feel that it is legal for them to HOLD my check for any reason; I am no longer an employee. Please tell me what to do, and is it legal for them to hold my check for any reason? I need to know ASAP.Thank You

Ms. Lindsay

Beth3

No, they cannot hold your paycheck. CA reg's require that final wages be paid to an employee who quits within three days of their last day of work, or "at once" if the employee gave at least three days notice.

A

alindsay

Do you have any suggestions on what I should say to them

Thank You for your response beth. I have no working phone right now, and plan to email my supervisor; what should I tell her. I need to pick up my check as soon as possible. I am moving back to WA State to help my aging father, and so he can help me and my children financially. If I do not get my check ASAP we will be living on the streets; my rent is over due. Thanks Again

-Annette

Beth3

The fastest way for you to get your check is to go and pick it up. If you don't wish to do that, then ask them to mail it.

A

alindsay

The Controller said...

She can't give me my check early, something about they come in bulk from out of the school, etc...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">