• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was never let go

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

onenana

What is the name of your state?onenana/PA

I was out sick for three weeks on the day I was to return to work the office manager said the owner of the company replaced me. Through the grpevine I heard I supossely walked out. This was not true, I spoke to the owner and he said I was never let go by him. But since we were five weeks into it he did get someone else by then. He said he wanted me to come back to work for him doing something different. Great , but it over two months now I am still at home and nothing been done about the office manager?? any advise

Beth3

Whether anything is done about the office manager is up to the company owner. You have no say in that.

I suggest you apply for unemployment benefits (if you haven't already) and start looking for a new job. There are no assurances they're ever going to have a job for you.

I suspect you were working for a very small company but just to be certain there are no legal issues here, please answer the following:

1. How long had you worked for this company?
2. How many people do they employ at the site you worked at and within a 75 mile radius?
3. During the 12 months prior to you going on leave, had you worked at least 1,250 hours?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">