• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I quit my job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gene123

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I recently resigned from my position as a software developer and was wondering if I had any chance of winning an appeal after being disqualified for UC benefits. The reason for the disqualification was because I left my job because of a personality conflict and I made no attempt to resolve the matter prior to leaving. The actual reason for the resignation was do to intimidation. The intimidation started about six months ago, an incident in which my supervisor came to my cubicle and started screaming at me in front of fellow employees about something that had nothing to do with me, that same day my supervisor sent me an email apologizing for the incident. After that incident I was constantly being intimated by being assigned more work than I could possibly handle in the timeframe allotted, continuous phone calls and emails regarding projects that were underway and then stopping by and asking about those same projects fifteen minutes later. In addition the company laid off 50% of the workers and asked that each of us contribute more. On my last day of work my supervisor assigned another project to me knowing that I had five projects underway at which point I just left do to the uncontrollable anger I felt. The reason I never brought this to upper management attention was because the last person that had a problem with this supervisor was transferred and then terminated. This has had a major negative impact on me and my family. I have never experienced anything like this in the twenty three years working it IT, my performance reviews have always been excellent. Would an appeal be a waist of time ? I know it is my word (and my family) against the company and the company has been known to lie at appeal meetings.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Speaking as an HR manager/consultant in Massachusetts, you are certainly free to appeal but in my opinion you would be wasting your time. The facts as you describe them do not appear to come even close to the standard you would have to meet in order to quit your job and still get UC benefits.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">