• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Was I really hired - is this a verbal contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tlyman

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?
I am in CA - the job I interviewed for aand was offered and accepted was inAZ.
I interviewed for a sales position in AZ. I was told that i got the job, we agreed ona start date , salary, paycycles, medical insurance, training time.
1 week before the start date I was told there was a no offer for me because it was not in writing. Is this a binding agreement even with out a written contract? Do I have recourse?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tlyman said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state?
I am in CA - the job I interviewed for aand was offered and accepted was inAZ.
I interviewed for a sales position in AZ. I was told that i got the job, we agreed ona start date , salary, paycycles, medical insurance, training time.
1 week before the start date I was told there was a no offer for me because it was not in writing. Is this a binding agreement even with out a written contract? Do I have recourse?

My response:

What detriment have you suffered when you relied on the "contract" of employment? That is, what damages have you suffered? For example, did you quit your job in California is order to accept the job in Arizona?

Do you have any proof that such a conversation ever occurred?

IAAL

T

tlyman

here is what i did

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

What detriment have you suffered when you relied on the "contract" of employment? That is, what damages have you suffered? For example, did you quit your job in California is order to accept the job in Arizona?

Do you have any proof that such a conversation ever occurred?

IAAL
my wife resigned from her job, we gave notice to our apt, we took a new apt in az,(where my emplyment and salary were verified before giving us the new apt), the day i was told that i had a job i had a conversation with one of my new fellow employees and she said "welcome aboard, we are all excited about getting to work together with you", i shook hands with the manager who would be my direct boss and he also welcomed be aboard and said congratulations, i was told my medical insurance would start 30 days after my start date, i was toldmy paycycles (26 for theyear), i canceled utilities to my soon to be old apt, changed my address for life ins, phones,
is that enough to be upset about?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">