• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I think I have been misrepresented by Union when fired by a rail carrier.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

raildog

I loaned a co-worker that I was in a relationship with a sum of money for car repairs. At the time we were both employed by a rail carrier. Awhile later after the repairs were finished I began to suspect that she was not ever going to reimburse me for the repairs. I was brought to this conclusion when I found her immediate supervisor at her house at 2 a.m., and I don't think he was there to bake cookies. So I let her know that I was being forced to file a small claims case to recover the money since I was for sure I had been used. And the day before I was originally going to file she made a complaint of sexual harrassment and I was fired. That's just the background of my situation. In the meantime through the hearing processes I felt that my union representatives may have misrepresented my defense and I may not get reinstated. One reason for this presumption is that a union rep. had told a close friend of mine that a decision had been rendered by the public law board and I lost yet another union rep. said that there has been no decision. Could the union be holding back information from me in case they could be held accountable for not providing me adequete representation against a major rail carrier? What would be my legal rights in gaining punitive damages for it has been a almost a year and I can't find a job, not even with another rail carrier.
Do I hold the ex-girlfriend, union, or railroad accountable for wrongful dismissal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">