• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Was I wrong?????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yogidandherkids

What is the name of your state? florida

I was recently terminated from my employers of 6 yrs for using a friends credit card without his authorization and he has been a friend of their's for about 8 years. I came there to be a team player and it seems as though I was the only one on the field. I was the only African American female in tyhe company of about 23 people. I was put on salary, but only at their convenience. I traveled approximently 45 miles one way to work and would be 5 minutes late and the other employees would arrive 30 minutes late live 3 miles away from the office and I was the only one that was constantly threaten on the issue. I felt hurt because I was there when they needed me and I started to take over the counter medicines the night before, in order for me to deal with the situation at work. I became meaner, but yet I was still be a team player and again the problem did not change. I was not a backside kisser like most of the others. THey would say something about what someone said I did, but in turn I couldnt tell what that person did nor said. I had become dependant on medicine and it was because I was being treated so very wrong and my family told me to stay because of the pay and shut up. ENOUGH WAS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I was wrong for using someone's CCD without getting auth, but he let me use it before. Where they right for terminating my employment that had nothing to do with the compan? I've never taken anything from them at all in 6 years, I asked for it, even if it was a piece of paper or pen. Can they stop be from recieving Unemployment??? HELP, I NEED SOMEONE'S ADVISE.... :eek: :( :mad: :mad: :confused:

JETX

yogidandherkids said:
What is the name of your state? florida

I was recently terminated from my employers of 6 yrs for using a friends credit card without his authorization and he has been a friend of their's for about 8 years. I came there to be a team player and it seems as though I was the only one on the field. I was the only African American female in tyhe company of about 23 people. I was put on salary, but only at their convenience. I traveled approximently 45 miles one way to work and would be 5 minutes late and the other employees would arrive 30 minutes late live 3 miles away from the office and I was the only one that was constantly threaten on the issue. I felt hurt because I was there when they needed me and I started to take over the counter medicines the night before, in order for me to deal with the situation at work. I became meaner, but yet I was still be a team player and again the problem did not change. I was not a backside kisser like most of the others. THey would say something about what someone said I did, but in turn I couldnt tell what that person did nor said. I had become dependant on medicine and it was because I was being treated so very wrong and my family told me to stay because of the pay and shut up. ENOUGH WAS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I was wrong for using someone's CCD without getting auth, but he let me use it before. Where they right for terminating my employment that had nothing to do with the compan? I've never taken anything from them at all in 6 years, I asked for it, even if it was a piece of paper or pen. Can they stop be from recieving Unemployment??? HELP, I NEED SOMEONE'S ADVISE.... :eek: :( :mad: :mad: :confused:
Gee..... where to start??
They can terminate you for any of the whiney, childish crap that you did. :eek:
And yes, they can try to stop you from receiving unemployment. :D

Beth3

You became a drug addict, became mean to people, and then stole a credit card from someone who was a friend of the owners. Yes, you were wrong.

They can't stop you from receiving employment (the State makes that decision) but they can contest your eligibility to receive benefits.

yogidandherkids

Was I Wrong...........

Thank you for your replies, but not to defend my wrong doing. It was not a company card and the person's had previously allowed me to use it. THe mistake that I made was not getting his approval. I am not a whinner, but I must say, I refuse to let someone treat me or even say anything to hurt me. I GUEST I WAS THE FOOL AND THE ONLY TEAM MEMBER ON THE FIELD............ Do or can anyone say that like to be USED????????????

IN ORDER TO HEALTHY YOU HAVE TO BE HAPPY TOO...............

Thanks again :D :confused:

JETX

Okay, lets make this VERY simple..... and I will type slow.... so that you can follow:
1) You asked, " Was I wrong??"
Answer: Yes.

2) You asked, "Where they right for terminating my employment that had nothing to do with the compan?"
Answer: Yes

3) You asked, "Can they stop be from recieving Unemployment???"
Answer: They can certainly challenge your application. And based on your post, their challenge will likely stand. You don't get unemployment compensation if you were terminated 'for cause'. And theft, even non-company related, is a justifiable cause for termination.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">