• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was wrongfully terminated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scottd65

What is the name of your state? New Jersey. I was fired, and was told it was because of downsizing, yet I was replaced by an African-American man, Who I had replaced three years ago when he was fired for cursing out the owner. I believe this is a case of reverse discrimination.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is no such thing as reverse discrimination. Either it's discrimination or it isn't. The law prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, period. It does not say that only minority races are protected.

Now that we've dealt with the semantics issue, there is nothing in your post that you were terminated BECAUSE OF your race. If you have any evidence to support your claim, then by all means contact the EEOC or your state discrimination board. If you have nothing to go on but a feeling, however, then I second Belieze's post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">