• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

was i wrongfully terminated/treated unfairly?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

J_ann_w

hello!i live in ohio and recently left a stable job to obtain another"stable"job that offered more incentives!i was promised a permant job with room to advance within . my pay would be benificial to me depending on what responsibilities i chose to take on. i was offered time and time again stableness!!i needed to make sure of this because i was leaving a job without much notice and wanted know it was going to be worth it.
well needless to say my new job lasted 2 days! my boss who interveiwed and hired me did not share much information -let alone spoke to me about the details of the job or buisness on the first day untill the end of my shift-which was just to appoligize for the lack of work until my office was setup . the second day of work i was in the office again wondering to a tempory desk of mine (i assumed) for another three hours of no communications,untill i did not respond to several claps that i had no idea he was directing to me -when i realized he was tring to get my attention -after he was calling me several names such as stupid b#@#h-pay f'ing attention -it excelled from there after asking him not to talk to me that way- and was told that if i couldn't suck it up and swallow like should know how -and hack it out like a man then i need to get the h#ll out of the office -then just decided to tell me to get the f##k out??? i have no idea what brought this on but now i am unemployed and have inconvienenced others while taking this position that did not last!! what can i do????????this is the second time this has happened (not tolerated the way someone speaks to me )??:confused:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Based solely on what is in your post nothing illegal took place. It is not illegal to use foul language in the workplace (although I sometimes wish it was) and if you are in any state except Montana you can be fired for any reason but a discriminatory one. It is impossible to tell from your post, and if you were only there for two days you may not be able to tell me, whether it was for a discriminatory reason.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">