• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IC vs employee???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

crayon

i have been hired by a small company to be a travelling salesperson as a independent contractor. this is the main part of their business. there are strict rules about how to handle customers and document sales. i earn commission on what i sell and they like to dock my pay if there are mistakes. although they provide the supplies such as business cards and paper bags, they do not reimburse for travel expenses. several things in the common factors point out that i should be considered an emloyee. if i file the irs form to have them audited, can i be caught up in court procedings?
ps i can the company have control over the type of clothes we wear while selling?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">