• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

icoa and vla

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shirley32238

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL - but employer is based in UT
I am an independent contractor, over the road truck driver. I lease a truck and work for only 1 trucking company. I have recently become seriously ill and am unable to drive at this time. I have what is called a relief driver in the truck, but he is not allowed to stay in the truck for extended periods of time. At least that is what the trucking company says their policy is. I do not want to break the leasing contract on the truck or the contract I have with the trucking company, since I would like to hopefully drive again. The doctors have said I will be off for at lest 6 months, is there any legal way to have a contract suspended or ended when someone is diagnosed with a catastrophic illness and does not know when they will be able to return to driving? Are there any laws in regards to catastrophic illnesses and employment?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
We cannot comment on the enforceability of a contract we have not read. You would need to show the contract to an attorney in your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">