• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If your on workmans comp can they apply this to your FMLA time?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bubbaboo

I recently tore my ACL while on duty at a training school.(municipal police officer) I have been told this will be covered by Workmans Comp. Now my H.R. says this time off will be applied to my FMLA time. Is that right? I didn't think that was what FMLA was for.

D

DianeS

I myself am in same position as you and I have a lawyer and yes they can use up your fmla time while on fmla Your company only has to give you a notice , if the notified you by phone then they are suppose to follow up with your signature proving you were told. I'M NOT A LAWYER i JUST HAPPEN TO BE FIGHTING the same problem I even got fired over it.I was not notified they were using my fmla properly

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">