• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If you're salary and work overtime(at boss's house) should you be compensated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
"Salaried" is only a pay method and has no legal standing. If you are exempt, you are not entitled to overtime no matter how many hours you work (or where). If you are non-exempt, then you must be paid overtime if you work over 40 hours in a week. The location of the work doesn't matter; the number of hours does.

H

Handsonbuilders

salary & overtime

even if you were employed as a project manager for duct cleaning and mold remediation? my husband does carpentry work on the side, and knowing this his boss had him replace his roof on his home, replace his deck, window, etc. if my husband complained he was told it's my way or the highway. when he told his boss he was quitting he was offered a $10,000 raise and Monday - thursday work week. My husband declined the offer and has it in writing. I'm not sure what you mean by exempt and non exempt.
also, if he took a sick day even if he worked over a forty hour week, his pay stub would say 32 reg, 8 sick. he rarely called out sick and averaged 50+ hours a week.

Beth3

So does that mean that when he was out sick, he received 8 hours of sick pay? (In other words, his paycheck was still whole.) Or does that mean he wasn't paid at all whenever he was out sick?

H

Handsonbuilders

he was still paid the same amount. his checks never listed the actual amount of time worked. it just said 40 regular, even though sometimes it was 50 or 60 hours a week. if he called out sick and had worked over 40 hours his check said 32 regular, 8 sick. we were told too, if we want to continue med coverage throug cobra, we had to submit payment by 9/20. i took a prescription to drug store on 9/24 and found out coverage was dropped effective 8/31. my husband quit on9/8.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">