• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal firing??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cardinal48

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

It has been two months since I was fired from my job of 17 years. I have moved on. But today someone called me from the membership, He is a peralegal. and said that the current board of directors has been operating for the past two years under bi-law changes that they made. He said the whole bi-laws are illegal. He went on to say everything this current board has done is nil and void.
I am so confussed on this. I knew there were big problems with the bi-laws, alot of which I even questioned, which probably had a hand in my termination. If this is true does this mean that they illegally terminated me?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Almost certainly not. Whether or not you were illegally terminated depends on whether a state or Federal LAW was violated, not a company bi-law which can be changed at the behest of the board of directors.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">