• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illegal use of fax???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Darcy

New York State

I have filed complaints about my Union representatives. I have used a fax machine at work to send materials our Departmental Affirmative Action office.

My Union officials have been trying to retreive my faxes (the pages are held in the memory of the fax machine when you're faxing). They haven't been successful in retrieving the actual fax yet, but they've been printing the fax transmittal log sheet showing the destination of my faxes.

Is a Union, or anyone else, allowed to retrieve or try to retrieve my private info. from a fax machine?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Sure, why not ?

If the technology of the design of the machine allows for retrieval of information, and especially if the fax machine doesn't belong to you, then the owner, or any authorized person, can use that technology which is built into the fax machine, to retrieve the information.

Try using someone else's fax machine, or get one of your own.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">