• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stlouis

What is the name of your state? Missouri
Unfortunately, I was fired due to excessive illness during my probation time. I filed for unemployment and was sent a letter stating how much I would recieve. However, I just recieved a letter from the Div of Employment Security stating "an issue has been raised on your claim for which we need more information to determine if benefits can be paid." I did nothing wrong at work other than missing too much because of that nasty flu, so is that a valid reason for not being able to recieve my benefits?

Beth3

Maybe. It depends entirely upon your State's UC reg's. Your employer has the right to file a claim for UC benefits and your employer has the right to object to your receiving them. The State will obtain the relevant information from both parties and make a determination. If they deny you benefits, then you have the right to request a hearing with the State.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The laws of your state pertaining to unemployment benefits and who is and is not entitled to receive them under what circumstances.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">