• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

im being accussed of somthing i didnt do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sad and confuss

i live in California and i've worked for a super market for a little over 6 years ande all of a sudden they come to me and ask for my books that keep track of the money i've give them to the person and they leave. i then go to my boss and ask me if im gonna get fired because alot of people have been getting the axe and he asures me i will not be fired. But when i go in today are security manager and the lady who checked the books last week confronts me saying i stole from them $3000 i explain that the money is missing because when people come to get there money that the checkers forget to give them comes out of my till. I explained to this to them and told them i would take a lie ditector test to prove it, plus all the employees know i wouldnt steal. they then told me i was suspended. i know im fired because they have been firing alot of people to make room for people that they can pay less. Is this Right? Can they do this?

Beth3

Yes, they can do this. If I understand correctly, you knew your till would be $3,000 off because all shortages come out of your till (which I don't quite understand) but even if you didn't steal the money, you should have informed management of the problem. They can fire you for suspicion of stealing or failure to inform them of the shortages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">