• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm being fired over my hair.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tortilla

On Friday, I was given one weeks notice to change my hair or I would need to find another. My hair is highlighter yellow. i dyed it in Febuary for the first time while I still had medium length hair... By the way, I am a guy. At the end of the summer I cut my hair but kept it the same color. I really like the individuality it gives me and the fact that it brings people to me. I have Worked at Best Buy for over a year now. When I first dyed my hair, My supervisor and manager said it was okay. Now, my new supervisor has given me one weeks notice to change it. The company policy says "to have a buisness like haircut." The policy as layed down by the employee handbook is very general and I feel It is unfair to pick me out well after the original dying. I really do not want to change my hair because It makes me different and my own person. In the employee handbook, it also describes the desire for diversity in the work place. Do i have any recourse. I must stand up for my own individuality but I don't want to lose my job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">