• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm fired yet others doing same thing are not

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bs44444

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?California

Would I have a case if: I was fired for not properly disclosing a misdemeanor on my record (the application only asked about felonies) while other people in the same situation are allowed to keep their jobs even though their misdemeanors are far worse than my DUI? Also, a background check was done 1 year ago and the DUI was not a problem then, but when it showed up again on a new background check, it suddenly became a reason for termination. My job was not related to driving whatsoever so having 1 DUI on my record shouldn't be a good cause there. Any ideas? Thanks

C

CheeseBlotto

The law doesn't require an employer to treat employees equally. Unless your treatment is different than that of a co-worker becuause of discrimination on race, sex, national origin, etc., you have nothing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">