• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Imperative Advice - Temp-to-Hire vs. Pregnancy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SoulVein

What is the name of your state? ARIZONA.

hello,

my name is Paul, my wife has jsut called me from her full time job today at a title escrow assistant office. That her manager just told her that she's not going to get Hired On. She was going to get this job as permanent, but startign out its a staffing agency and its Temp to Hire for the company she's working for through this staffing agency, she's so sad now she's worked hard to become permenant because she want and needs to work up until she's going to have her baby etc. (she helps pay rent as well as insurance). The manager told her she's eventually giong to be replaced since she's pregnant and that the company cannot be liable for her pregnancy or the insurance does not cover her pregnancy for future benefits plus the manager even said something of the sort "you just don't focus very well". This is not proper. What can she do to keep her job there... is this descrimination, its not considered a disability. Jesus! :/ . iT just seems they are not being hwelpful at all as a company to support woman in health of pregnancy... Please coudl someone tell me where i can start helping her LOOK such as certain companies or job positions that will still keep her employed even though she's pregnant, or sheesh even if she has to work without telling them that she's pregnant i don't know. What can she do to fight this to her advantage? :)

sincerely,

Paul

Last edited:

Beth3

If they aren't interested in hiring her because they're not as pleased with her job performance as they'd hoped to be (i.e. the "don't focus well") comment, that's legal. But if they're not hiring her because she's pregnant, then that is illegal discrimination and a violation of the federal Pregnancy Discrimination Act. If your wife wishes to exercise her legal options and file a discrimination complaint, she may contact the EEOC.

SoulVein

Beth3 said:
If they aren't interested in hiring her because they're not as pleased with her job performance as they'd hoped to be (i.e. the "don't focus well") comment, that's legal. But if they're not hiring her because she's pregnant, then that is illegal discrimination and a violation of the federal Pregnancy Discrimination Act. If your wife wishes to exercise her legal options and file a discrimination complaint, she may contact the EEOC.

thank you this helps a bit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">