• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inappropriate Relationship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sevenages

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NH

Two married co-workers have sexual relations at the workplace. If the employer finds out can the workers be punished/fired? Can one of the workers spouses sue the employer?

:confused:

Sockeye

Yes, workers can be fired for having sex in the workplace.

Sure, a spouse can sue the employer if they have lots of money to waste on lawyers. Unless the company sponsers some bizarre sex cult and pressures it's employees to fornicate on company premises :eek: , it's not likely they would gain any award.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Agreed. Either or both employees can be fired.

However, one of the spouses can only sue because anyone can sue for anything. But if they do sue the employer, they will lose.

Also given the right order of command between the two employees who are engaging, one could file suit against the other for sexual harrassement and involve the employer in their mess.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Technically, I suppose one of the employees could claim sexual harassment. But unless the employer had reason to know that the alleged harassment was ongoing and did nothing to stop it, the employer is STILL not going to be liable.

Why are you so determined to hold the employer liable for this? Why is it supposed to be the employer's fault that two of his/her/its employees dont' have enough sense to keep it zipped while at work?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">