• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inconclusive drug test problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lth

In FLORIDA . . . I drive passengers with a CDL liscense. After an absence, did a return to work urine test and worked later that day and for next 2 weeks.

Two days ago, employer sent me for another urine test - something wrong with the first - & I continued working. Yesterday I was called by a doctor at the employer's insurance company. Said the first test was "inconclusive". Assuered me it was not positive - just they could not test it because of presense of some sort of amino acid (huh?). Asked for all meds I take and if I had put something into the sample. Gave him list - nothing illegal and only 1 additional from what I've taken thru many, many tests. And no, nothing added to sample. Again, said I was not in trouble.

Today, employer had me sent home - I had not "qualified" for return to work - after working for the last two weeks!

Any clue what this means? Can they refuse me work with an "inconclusive"? Do they have to pay me for days I was scheduled to work? Am I in serious trouble here?

lth

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It means that you have not yet passed the drug test. Yes, they can refuse to let you work with an inconclusive. No, they do not have to pay you for the days you were scheduled to work if you did not work them. We don't know if you are in serious trouble or not.

Gadfly

It may be worth making an appointment with your own physician, getting a urine test done and have him explain the results. It could have nothing to do with "drugs" but be pointing at another health issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">