• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indiana Appeals Process

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sewell99

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

Hi,

I was terminated in March of this year from the company I worked for 7 1/2 years. I appealed my unemployment and went through the hearing on July 23rd. I was told I would receive a written response within two weeks (business days) of the hearing. It is now almost 3 weeks and I haven't received a response in the mail.

I have called the appeals division twice. The person at the appeals division said that they show the letter went out on August 3rd. She sent an email to the judge on Monday and now again today requesting if the results of my hearing actually went out in the mail. She said they can't give me the results over the phone or in person.

Is there anything I can do in this case?

Just an FYI in the case. My former employer didn't bother to attend the phone hearing three weeks ago.

pattytx

Try calling the regular line and asking if your back benefits are in the works. If they say yes, you'll know your appeal was successful. If they say no, the implication is that the employer prevailed. Unless they just say "we can't tell you" (either).

They don't have a copy? :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">