• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Information of FMLA act and do I have a case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kutey504

What is the name of your state? Tennessee
I have sleep apnea which is a disability. I was off work from 06/16/04 and doctor notes and signature on paperwork from work are dated 08/30/04 my leave was over. I had to wait till 09/07/04 to start a new training class. I was told that my FMLA was through 09/07/04. Since I have found a signed document from work dated 08/30/04 and doctor release 08/30/04 would I not be entitled to one more week of FMLA? Also I had asked over 5 times for a couple of days off work since they were threatening to fire me if I fell asleep again. (the sleep apnea is a disability and I would just fall asleep). They told me I could take NO time off. After being terminated I also got my last check with 32 hours of paid time off which they did not allow me to take. Sine this is a disability,and they were aware of it, it seems I also could have been given a couple of days off without pay even if the other two factors were not there. I may be wrong, but I should have been allowed one more week of FLMA and/or my accrued paid time off to be off a few days to make sure the medication changes were all worked out so I would not have been terminated.
Do I have a case against the business? If I do should I send in the paperwork I have to the Human rights commission where I first sent notice, or find a lawyer? Thank you for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">