• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insf paychecks and 401k not there

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cody39

What is the name of your state? Florida

Hello, i am trying to find out what i can use as leverage on my Ex Boss/Friend/owner i left another company to work for him with a verbal agreement 50k a year for 24months no exceptions (as i had just purchased a new home) we agreed, the first year i was close to the 50k but the 2nd year the company came into major financial problems; we had at 1 time over 50 bad checks out to vendors and payroll was getting tight as we were good friends for almost 8 years i stayed on as he assured me we would be ok,
around july 03 he didnt have any money to pay me i have about 9 paychecks that i cant cash only 2 have Signatures on them as he would give them to me and say to hold them, also i found out from another employee that the money that was coming out of our checks marked 401k wasnt actually being put into our 401k , now my friend has just sold his building and is suppose to pay me my 401k monies and paychecks and some other C.C. bills. (i payed a few invoices to keep us floating along) but i am worried he may not want to pay me all my money in full, i dont want to send him to jail but want him to know i mean business, any advice maybe legal jargon i can tell him so he can ask his layer about lol , thanks and soory for long post
signed
Stressedtothemax

R

Ramoth

You can file a claim with the FL Dept (or Div) of Workforce Innovation for the back wages, and a claim in small claims court for the invoices you paid.

C

Cody39

well they directed me to the state attorney,whom said they could only help with the checks that actually have his Signature on them wich is 2 out of 9 and a rather small amount compared to all 9 and also said they could file criminal charges and he could do 6 months per signed chck as he has a baby on the way i am trying to avoid criminal charges but thanks for reply

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">