• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insubordination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WCS

New Mexico

Not so much a legal but.........

Could I be rehired by a company if I was fired for insubordination? The condition was I failed to attend a mandatory meeting. The event took place some 11 years ago, and I am interested in rejoining this company. A friend who works in HR says he cannot locate any derogitory information (file) on me. Most of the leadership has moved on since then. Would I be considered, or will they have likely "blacklisted" me?

Are there any legal implications that would prohibit a company from rehiring someone if they have been fired?

Beth3

Could I be rehired by a company if I was fired for insubordination? If they wish to, yes.

The condition was I failed to attend a mandatory meeting. The event took place some 11 years ago, and I am interested in rejoining this company. A friend who works in HR says he cannot locate any derogitory information (file) on me. Most of the leadership has moved on since then. Would I be considered, or will they have likely "blacklisted" me? It's called "not being eligible for rehire", not blacklisting.

Are there any legal implications that would prohibit a company from rehiring someone if they have been fired? An employer is free to hire/rehire whoever they wish. This is not a legal issue, it's a matter of company policy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">