• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insubordination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mrsmelody

I am a New York City resident and have a question. I work in a small office. I informed my boss that I will be taking my vacation for 7 days in August. I was denied the time off because the owner was going away. I explained that it was my 10 year wedding anniversary and the tickets were non-refundable. I was informed that if I didn't like it I could leave. I asked repeatedly if I was fired and all the owner would say if I didn't like it I could leave. I walked out without saying a word. My absence would not pose undue hardship on the business. Also,our other office overseas had people taking vacations at the same time.
Since working here my depression has come back. I have been yelled at and called a theif among other things. I have tried to seek professional help but never actually make it to the doctors office. Would I be able to collect unemployment insurance?

JETX

If you voluntarily leave employment (quit, walk out, etc.), then you are NOT eligible for unemployment compensation.

However, if you are terminated NOT FOR CAUSE, then you could POSSIBLY be eligible. It will all depend on the circumstances that your employer reports for the reason that you were terminated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">