• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

interesting situation, need help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aut0m4t0n

i was hired by d-day records (in wisconsin) to do all of the artwork for the double-disc metal compilation called forget-me-not. the compilation is for charity (stand up for kids and disabled veterans), therefore it was understood that i would not be paid for my work.
i was working to benefit the charities as well as to be able to have credit on my resume for that and have impressive work in my portfolio for future job offers.
after a few weeks, the cheif of operations accused me of flirting with her boyfriend, the ceo of d-day and my correspondant. he agreed with her accusation, although i have no idea how they got such a ridiculous idea. i neither said anything suggestive nor implied anything of the sort. it really upset me emotionally.
everything was worked out and i resumed working on the art, corresponding with the cheif of operations instead of the ceo.
after a couple of weeks, i received an email saying that they screwed up legally and could not use any of the artwork i had done and that they would be using some children's clipart instead.
i sent this email to the cheif of operations:
"Please do not inform me of future projects. I'm sorry, but working for D-Day is not a postitive working situation.
The estimated time that I worked on the cover amounts to $315 in retroactive payments due to work time lost at my other job."
am i right in doing this? i feel i deserve some sort of compensation for all my wasted time and effort (plus the fact that they screwed me over). i have not heard from them in at least a week. if they deny me the payment, is there some form of legal action i can take?

thank you,
chandra (in virginia)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">