• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Internal Investigation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Squirllygrl

I worked for a social service agency and a client/patient of mine made allegations that I made sexual advances towards him. He belonged to my program and informed me that he was not clean and that he was using coccaine for the last six months. I told him he had to go through rehab and he freaked out. The catch was that if he went back into a rehab progam he would loose a hundred thousand dollar trust fund. He then told me that I would have to go before he would and told me he was not going back to rehab. This man was diagnosed with a mental illnes and a known substance abuser. The following day I received a phone call from the VP of my agency stating to me that I am suspended pending investigation and that if I am found guilty I will not receive back pay I was also informed not to worry and this was just a matter of technicalities. Here is he deal, he made allegations and the agency I worked for did their so called investigation and I sat around and waited for their phone call. It took them one week and a day to gather their facts togehter on a sheet of looseleaf paper. They called me into the main office to hear my side of the story and told me that they could not tell me what the allegations were and asked me quite vague questions. Like what my relationship with the client was like and if I ever hugged him. I did not have any sort of relations with the client and informed them of that. In my mind they already made their decision without even questioning me. I brought my evidence to the table and they were surprised and told me they would do further investigations. After three days of phone tag and waiting again they still couldn't make a decision. So basically I spoke to unemployment and was advised to resign for safety reasons, since my tires were also slashed in the mean time. I resigned but I can't help feeling that what happend was wrong. I felt like I had no alternatives other then to leave, I was outcasted from my main office and my co-workers were informed not to speak to me and a client was slashing my tires. Is this typical for agencies to conduct investigations like this and is what they did right? Was it wrong for me to resign or should I have fought it? I liked the work I did and I just do not understand why my agency was so scared over a client with such a sketchy track record. Thanks for any helping responses that may come.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">