• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interview

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

esorokin

What is the name of your state? North Carolina.

I was invited for interview and drove about 400 miles round trip.
Should the Company, invited me, pay me for that trip? Is there any law you can refer on.
Thank everybody for help. Eugene

H

hexeliebe

Please tell me you're high on drugs and decided to come here for some entertainment. Because that's the only thing your post has of value.

You have no law, no common sense or any other claim except to start looking for a job where you can walk to the interview.

By the way, I routinely fly more than 1,000 miles for each contract interview I decide to take, and I pay for it myself.

Beth3

hexeliebe is entirely correct. (Hmmmm. that's at least the third time we've agreed now, hex. A trend is definitely starting to develop. :D )

While it would be nice for the employer to pay your travel expenses and it's something I've always routinely done for candidates, there is absolutely no law that compels an employer to do so.

H

hexeliebe

awwww beth, you just made me blush...

I have to admit, the best deal I ever got was when I was living in Vienna, Austria and a company in Arkansas wanted me to come talk to them about taking over their IT department.

They not only paid my airfare and hotel for a week, but when I accepted the position they gave me $25,000 to move and bought me a house. :D

I'm such a whore :D:D:D

Beth3

Okay you made me laugh.

On the other hand, a company that wanted you to move from Vienna to Fort Smith (or wherever) had better come up with a damned attractive package!

H

hexeliebe

Damn you're good...It was actually on the second floor of Central Mall in Ft. Smith until they built their new corporate offices....that's when I left. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">