• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Intolerable work conditions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Frontier_72315

i am employed and target and work through about half the night. recently i have been informed that i can no longer do this do to security. this comes from the store manager and not the head of security. this has left me without work, i am being forced to work full overnights or not at all, this is tough for me do to me being inrolled in college full time and am unable to work at any other time.
i feel that i am being railroaded out of a job. i have been told there will be no comprimise to this situation. i have classes starting at 8 am and until 4 pm, the rest of the afternoon is the time i have for homework. i have told my immediate supervisor that this is mainly the only time i can work. now i must work all the night, which leaves me to go staight to class after work. i so not want my school work to suffer, but i have to pay my bills. i feel i may be forced into quiting if there is no compromising on their part. would this be intolerable work conditions. I have been a great employee for two years, missing only 1 day of work. and have been told i have one of the highest productivities in the store.
if more information is needed please contact me via email

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If the company policy is that those in your position must work all night, they are under no obligation to make an exception for you. I don't mean this to sound unsympathetic, and I admire your determination to go to school and work too, but your decision to do this is yours, not theirs. They are not responsible for your choices.

However, if you are being singled out for some reason, AND it is a discriminatory reason (gender, race, national origin, etc.) then you may have something you want to discuss with the EEOC.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">