• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Intolerable Working Conditions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LISETTE1967

What is the name of your state?FLORIDA

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT RECOURSE DO I HAVE WHEN I AM WORKING UNDER INTOLERABLE WORKING CONDITIONS. MY SITUATION IS I HAVE A COWORKER WHO IS CONSTANTLY RUDE AND ON A DAILY BASIS SHE THROWS PAPERS IN MY BOX THAT IS PLACED ON MY DESK. I ALSO HAVE ANOTHER EMPLOYEE WHO MAKES IT SO DIFFICULT FOR ME TO WORK. SHE WILL NOT ANSWER THE CALLS NOR WILL SHE HELP WITH CUSTOMERS THAT COME IN TO MY OFFICE. I HAVE COMPLAINED ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS TO MY BOSS AND NOTHING IS DONE. THESE CONDITIONS ARE LITERALLY MAKING ME SICK I WAS HOSPITALIZED FOR DEPRESSION FOR TWO WEEKS. CAME BACK TO WORK AND IT JUST GETS WORSE WHAT CAN I DO? I AM GETTING SICK AGAIN.

Beth3

Please turn off the caps lock.

Your recourse when you have obnoxius and rude co-workers and the boss won't do anything about it is to find new employment elsewhere and leave these two and your do-nothing boss in the dust. No laws require the people you work with to be nice to you. What you describe is a very unpleasant environment to work in but it falls considerable short of the legal standard for intolerable working conditions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">