• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

invasion of privacy issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jrp1157

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

I have a friend who works at a daycare center. She was looking for a job at a competing center and had their phone number in her cell phone. She unnknowlingly called the center (i.e. phone was in her pocket and she hit redial accidentenly)while supervising kids at her current center. The competing center answered the call and listened to her for 30 minutes or so without telling her. They subsequently called her current and place of employmnet and told them that she was "abusing" the kids. My friend indicates that this was not the case. Her current center has ut her on 2 weeks probation for the incident. What are her legal options. ThanksWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Mass_Shyster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

I have a friend who works at a daycare center. She was looking for a job at a competing center and had their phone number in her cell phone. She unnknowlingly called the center (i.e. phone was in her pocket and she hit redial accidentenly)while supervising kids at her current center. The competing center answered the call and listened to her for 30 minutes or so without telling her. They subsequently called her current and place of employmnet and told them that she was "abusing" the kids. My friend indicates that this was not the case. Her current center has ut her on 2 weeks probation for the incident. What are her legal options. ThanksWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
She initiated the phone call. She knew, or should have known, that the call was placed and someone was listening.

This is her error. There are no legal issues here.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
To address the TITLE of this thread:

There was NO invasion of privacy. The lady is working at a daycare with several people...what privacy should she expect? :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">