• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Investigation after I resigned?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xynder

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ARIZONA

I was told by a co-worker that there may have been an investigation as to whether or not I made some inappropriate comments about a female employee. I had already resigned from the company on my own terms to take another job. I had no idea about the accusation, was never disciplined or anything, etc.

I do not recall making any inappropriate statement about this female. I liked her, but that was it.

I am not sure as to the extent of the investigation or as to what I was possibly accused of.

Should I hire a lawyer to subpoena the employer and possibly take whoever made the accusations (which was not the female in question, but another person entirely) to court for defamation?

Thanks.

swalsh411

You're jumping the gun in a big way. All you have at this point is that somebody told you that your former employer may be looking into some alleged comment(s). You have nothing to go on at this point except hearsay.

edit: Any talk of a subpoena (if you could even get one for this, which is doubtful) is vastly premature.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">