• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

involuntary resignation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Muddlepup

OKLAHOMA. I was told yesterday that I had to "separate" from my employer. I was also told that I could do this by being fired or I could resign, and would have to sign a document to that effect. Regardless, I was terminated. If I let them fire me, I would lose my yearly bonus and 2 1/2 weeks pay. If I resign, I fear I may not be able to collect unemployment compensation, which I will need if I don't find a job soon. This will be difficult because the only way I will be able to find a job in my field at approximately the same pay is to relocate which will be time consuming. If my resignation was involuntary, would this be constructive discharge and might I still be able to collect unemployment?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">