• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Job Applicant Privacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sandyccat

Pennsylvania job applicant privacy. I recently applied for a job in which information that I provided within my cover letter has been distributed to other organizations for reasons other than consideration for my employment. This information is being used as slander of the business that I am currently working for. Can information provided for a job application be used in this manner?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Without more information I'm not prepared to comment on your specific situation. However, I can tell you that no law requires an employer to keep job applicant information private. They can take out a billboard on Rte 30 or 95 announcing that you have applied for work with them.

sandyccat

cbg said:
Without more information I'm not prepared to comment on your specific situation. However, I can tell you that no law requires an employer to keep job applicant information private. They can take out a billboard on Rte 30 or 95 announcing that you have applied for work with them.
Can they distribute specific personal information provided to them in my application?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
In general, the only information an employer is required by law to keep private is any medical or disability information they may have on you.

However, again I'm not prepared to comment on your specific situation without more information than you have provided.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">