• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Job application

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wickerbill

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I was dismissed from a company for inappropriate behavior in the workplace. I am now completing an application for a new company that ask if you have ever been dismissed, discharged, or fired by a previous employer. If I say "yes" and put down the reason I assume the application will not be considered. Can I reply with anything else that would not be considered as false information?

BelizeBreeze

wickerbill said:
What is the name of your state? Indiana

I was dismissed from a company for inappropriate behavior in the workplace. I am now completing an application for a new company that ask if you have ever been dismissed, discharged, or fired by a previous employer. If I say "yes" and put down the reason I assume the application will not be considered. Can I reply with anything else that would not be considered as false information?
Do you really expect that anyone on this forum is going to tell you to lie?

Beth3

I am now completing an application for a new company that ask if you have ever been dismissed, discharged, or fired by a previous employer. That sure seems to be to be a "yes or no" question. What else could you possibly respond? I don't think "I don't remember" will get you any mileage.

The only thing we know for sure is that lying on the application form will ensure you don't get the job or are fired if they discover the falsehood after you are hired. If you answer truthfully, at least you'll have a shot at the position.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">