• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

job clearance question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mariadonut

What is the name of your state? new jersey

i was recently put in for a security clearance at the new york stock exchange. on the questionnaire, it asked me whether i'd been convicted of anything before. i was arrested as a juvenile 10 years ago, however charges were dismissed. will i not get security clearance because of that? i put "no" on that question by the way.

will they see that i was arrested also?

JETX

"will i not get security clearance because of that?"
*** Depends on the employers policy's.

"i put "no" on that question by the way."
*** Since the question was had you been CONVICTED and you claim the charges were dismissed, then shouldn't be a problem.

"will they see that i was arrested also?"
*** Possible, but very unlikely.

rmet4nzkx

mariadonut said:
What is the name of your state? new jersey

i was recently put in for a security clearance at the new york stock exchange. on the questionnaire, it asked me whether i'd been convicted of anything before. i was arrested as a juvenile 10 years ago, however charges were dismissed. will i not get security clearance because of that? i put "no" on that question by the way.

will they see that i was arrested also?
If the question was, were you convicted, then the answer is, NO, when a case is dismissed it is not a conviction.

If the question was, have you ever been arrested, then the answer is, YES.

It depends on the exact wording of the question.

If this is a concern you might seek to have your juvenile records sealed or expunged especially if the quetion is "Were you ever arrested?"

Here is a link to information and NJ codes:
New Jersey State Police - State Bureau of Identification (SBI) ... New Jersey is one of four states participating in The ... which allows the entry of juvenile offenders into the ... and expunging of all criminal records ordered by ...
http://www.njsp.org/about/id.html
Expungement Unit
Ensures an individual's right to privacy with the sealing and expunging of all criminal records ordered by the court, pursuant to N.J.S.A. 2C:52-1 et. Seq. The unit is responsible for reviewing motions and orders to determine if they conflict with the intent of the law. The unit also reviews and disseminates expunged records for criminal justice agencies, pursuant to N.J.S.A. 2C:52-27c.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">