• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Job elimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kmjw1219

What is the name of your state? New York
I was recently laid off due to job elimination. The very next day my company posted the same position on the company public website in Dallas (where the company's HQ is). IS there any grounds for wrongful termination?

xylene

What is the name of your state? New York
I was recently laid off due to job elimination. The very next day my company posted the same position on the company public website in Dallas (where the company's HQ is). IS there any grounds for wrongful termination?
No.

You were fired so they could hire someone for less money and/or more talent.

This behavior is unscrupulous, but legal.

Are you in a union / do you have a contract?

kmjw1219

Job Elimination

No union or anything like that. I thought I would have no legal recourse but had to ask thank you.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
For clarification, a wrongful termination means that the real reason you were fired is a reason prohibited by law.

Re-posting a job immediately does not, in itself, make the termination wrongful. Nor does giving you a reason for the termination that is shown to be untrue. IF there is a valid and supportable reason to believe that the reason provided was a pre-text FOR AN ILLEGAL REASON, then the re-posting of the job or the discrepancy in reasons provided can be used as supporting evidence. But it is not evidence in and of itself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">