• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

job harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

niffer

I was recently pulled aside by a fellow co-worker and yelled at. i was told that no one i worked with liked me and that everyone in that department thought i wasn't doing my job. he also told me that they had no confidence in me. he also said that another co-worker didn't dictate letters to me because i always gave him grief about it. which i feel that i don't. i was also told by him that an e-mail i sent to him and carbon copied to our boss was chicken ****. i have talked to my boss and she says that i am doing my job and that i am only doing what her and my supervisor have asked me to do. we have another office and i do the same things that the other girls does and they are no different.
My question is do i have grounds to file a harassment suit against my co-worker? he isn't my boss or superior

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

IS AN EMPLOYER LIABLE FOR HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT HARASSMENT?
If an employer is aware of a hostile environment, and has not taken any appropriate action to correct the problem, then the employer may well be held liable for the harassment.

However, whether it was supervisors, co-workers, or customers who created the hostile environment, if the employer is not made aware of the situation, the employer should not be held responsible for hostile environment harassment.

This leads to the argument that the co-worker could be personally liable. Read these sections: http://employment-law.freeadvice.com/sexual_harassment/discrimination_charge.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">