• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Job Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gwitch

What is the name of your state?Kentucky

Hi,

I would like to know if I have a case here. I recently was promoted to a general manager of one of our famous fast food resturants. The person that I reported to is called our "district coach," well at that time my assistant manager and the district coach were "best friends." I mean to the point they even lived together at one time and talked on the phone constantly during the work day. We have to maintain a certain speed of service at our drive-thrus and when I would ask the assit why she did not obtain her goal, I always got some excuse, but the reason was she would stay on the phone with the district coach and would not help out. So how could I explain to my district coach that she was the problem. The district coach was constantly telling my crew that I did not know what I was doing and the assist(her friend) could do a better job. She would go to her other stores(my peers) and tell them what a rotten manager I was. I have several statements from employees that witness this treatment. She would tell them they did not have to listen to what I said. I was constantly have to work double shifts because the assit would take off. One night she did not show up for her shift and I called her at home and she told me she would not be in, because she had "movie ticket." When I called the district coach to inform her of this, she told me just to find someone else to work. I find out later they went to the movies together. If she missed work, I still had to make sure she was paid. I had to end up working that shift and did not get home til around 8 a.m. the next morning.

The district coach would call me constantly at home and harass me. One day I had pulled another double and go home early the next morning, because I had to stay and do some extra cleaning, the phone rings and she tells me they are shorthanded and I need to come to work. I explained to her that I had just got home. She tells me that if I want my job, I have 30 min. to get back to work. The assit manager was going through a separation from her husband, she had left her husband and kids. I was told that I need to be more understanding of her situation. I guess that was to explain all the "special treatment" she received. There were so many similar incidents.
This lasted about a year and then I was given an 'action plan," which means that I have so long to get things in order or I was out of a job. We were to fill out reports saying why our speed of service was slow or why our inventory was out. The other managers would not do this becuase they knew they I could not say anything to them because of our coach. I failed to mention that the other shift manager was also a friend of the district coach.

I did not lose my job, I asked to be demoted and sent to another store. The district coach was overheard saying that "she may be going to another store, but I will get rid of her." ( I have a written statement to this.) By that time, my personal life had suffered and my husband wanted a divorce.
I was going trough a terrible emotional time and my job suffered because I was tardy a few times. I lost my job and I had worked with this company for 8 years and I felt like they should have been a little more understanding. I have put so many extra hours in with this company and always have been a excellent employee. There is so much more to this story, but I just have hit some of the main things. Do I have any case here?
Gwitch

Beth3

Do I have any case here? Sorry, no. You got a lousy deal but the District Coach favoring the Ass't Manager at your expense because they're friends is not against the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">