• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Job I was hired for is not the job they inteded me to do.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ksu_aviator

What is the name of your state? Texas.

I was hired for a position that required three weeks of work followed by a week off. The position requires extensive travel and as of today (my second week of employment) I will not be given my 4th week off, nor will I ever get my 4th week off.

What can I do? I incurred a lot of expenses moving to this new state just so I could have a week off at a time and now it has been taken away from me and I feel as though it was never the intention of the company to allow me to have that time off.

Beth3

You can talk to an attorney to discuss whether you have a claim for detrimental reliance, although that seems quite unlikely since you haven't suffered any financial losses as a result of the schedule change.

pattytx

Then I recommend you take the document to an attorney for review to see if you have a case of breach of contract (if, in fact, the document even rises to that level).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">