• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

job offer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jackie4

what are questions that you can ask when you are offering the job to someone that you cannot ask on the job application.

T

troynsam

With all the new "creative" reasons for litigation these days, I try to avoid asking anything during an interview that I would not ask on an application. However, if you have already given this person the job, you can ask date of birth, for instance, which you cannot ask during the screening process. DOB is of course used by employers in HR personnel files.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Technically, the only question it is ILLEGAL to ask prior to offer is anything pertaining to the ADA, with the exception of: these are the job duties, will you have any problems with performing them? However, if you ask anything that would relate to age, marital status, children/no children, religion, national origin, etc., and the applicant does not get the job and sues for discrimination, just try and prove that you did not take the answers to the questions into consideration. Anything of that nature should only be asked post offer. If you must ask it at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">